Registering with the Danish Authorities – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Social Sciences > Education > Survival guide - New international MSc students > Registering with the D...

Registering with the Danish Authorities

When you have arrived in Denmark, you are required to register with the local Citizens Service. To do so you must have your residence permit and a permanent address in Denmark. When you register, you will be provided with a personal identity number, called a cpr-number, as well as a Health Insurance Card.

More information is available from Copenhagen International House.

To accommodate the large number of international students arriving every semester, the Citizens Service will offer their services at the International House in Copenhagen on specific dates. If you live in Copenhagen, Albertslund, Allerød, Ballerup, Brøndby, Dragør, Frederiksberg, Fredensborg, Frederiksssund, Furesø , Gladsaxe, Glostrup, Halsnæs, Helsingør, Hillerød, Holbæk, Hvidovre, Høje-Taastrup, Hørsholm, Ishøj, Kalundborg, Køge, Lejre, Lyngby-Taarbæk, Næstved, Odsherred, Roskilde, Rødovre, Rudersdal, Slagelse, Solrød, Stevns, please take this opportunity to apply for your cpr-number.

Information about when and where to meet the Citizen Service staff is available here

NB: If your offer of admission is conditional, then you must print this form and have your contact person in the Admissions Unit at the Faculty of Social Sciences fill it in and sign it prior to meeting with the Citizen Service staff.

Find a quick guide to the registration procedure for cpr-number here:

Nordic students

EU/EEA students (including guide to residence permit)

Non-EU/EEA students

NB: The Faculty will not be informed of your new CPR number automatically. Please contact the Student Information Desk as soon as possible after having obtained your CPR number in order for the University's student administrative system to provide true and fair information. Please follow this link to fill in the proper form...