Boards of studies
The boards of studies are responsible for the organisation, implementation and development of study programmes and teaching, including:
- assuring and enhancing the quality of education and teaching, and following up on course evaluations
- developing proposals for and amendments to curricula
- approving plans for the organisation of courses, tests and other forms of assessment included in exams
- processing applications for credit transfers (including credits transferred in advance) and exemptions
- discussing all matters of importance to the programmes and courses within its area, including issues presented by the Rector
Regulatory basis for the work of the boards of studies:
- Standard rules of procedure for boards of studies in the University of Copenhagen
- The University Act 18 (4).
Members of the boards of studies
The boards of studies consist of an equal number of lecturers and students. The lecturers are selected from the full-time academic staff or the external lecturers, while students are selected from the appropriate programmes.
The chair, usually a head of studies, is elected from among the board’s full-time members of academic staff for a three-year period. The deputy chair is elected from among the student members.
The boards of studies
A board of studies is linked to each of the five social science departments. Each board of studies covers several study programmes.
- The Board of Studies in Anthropology, the bachelor and master’s programmes in Anthropology, and the Professional Master in Health Anthropology
- The Board of Studies in Psychology (in Danish), the bachelor and master’s programmes in Psychology
- The Board of Studies in Sociology, the bachelor and master’s programmes in Sociology
- The Board of Studies in Political Science (in Danish), the bachelor and master’s programmes in Political Science, the master’s programme in Social Science, and the master’s programme in Security and Risk Management
- The Board of Studies in Economics, the bachelor and master’s programmes in Economics
- The Board of Studies in Global Development, master's programme in Global Development
- The Board of Studies in Social Data Science, master's programme in Social Data Science